AmericanElectric Returns & Warranty Policy
The below Return and Warranty Policies apply to the following e-bikes from AmericanElectric:
AmericanElectric's Return Policy:
• The original receipt, gift receipt or packing slip is required for all returns and exchanges.
• Returned items should be in new condition. Manipulated, modified, scratched, broken, damaged, or useless items are not eligible for a refund.
• A 15% restocking fee will apply to all new returned items.
• Customer assumes return shipment costs. AmericanElectric will only pay shipment cost if the return is a result of AmericanElectric‘s error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.)
• The Return & Exchange Period is 14 days for all eligible products; Product(s) must be in its new original condition. American Electric reserves the right to deny any return or exchange.
AmericanElectric supports its products in time of distress. We understand problems occur, and solutions are required, that is why we offer Premium Warranty for all of our products. Even if you did not buy directly from AmercianElectric the warranty still applies, providing that you purchased the product from an authorized AmericanElectric dealer.
AmericanElectric offers a 3-year prorated warranty on defective batteries:
0 – 12 months free repair or replacement
13 – 24 Months 50% off replacement
25 – 36 months 25% off replacement
AmericanElectric offers a 2-year factory warranty on electrical, controller, a 10-year warranty on the motor, and a Limited Lifetime Warranty on the frame. We also offer a 30-day manufacturer’s warranty on certain parts, such as: pedals, cranks, bulbs, mirrors, alarm system, etc. This warranty is effective the day the product is delivered, and it applies to factory defects and faults only. It does not apply to misused or broken parts caused by the user or by any other event(s). AmericanElectric will pay for standard shipping service costs on the first warranty shipment only. Customer must pay shipping costs for any additional warranty parts. Original purchase receipt is required.
If any battery should become faulty within the specified warranty period, we will replace the battery free of charge.
Please return defective batteries to AmericanElectric.
AmericanElectric does not pay shipping fees for incoming batteries, however AmericanElectric will pay to ship replacements battery to you.
AmericanElectric does not offer this warranty on our products purchased from second hand sellers, non-authorized AmericanElectric dealers, products purchased used, products purchased via outlet centers, etc. On the other hand, if parts are needed, they are available at retail price at AmericanElectric.
1. SHIPPING DAMAGE: Should your item arrive with damage that is a direct result of the assigned shipping carrier’s mishandling, AmericanElectric will replace those damaged parts free of charge under warranty, as long as the damage is reported immediately after delivery. (Damage reported after 3 business days, are considered not valid). In the event that the damage is determined to be extensive (digital photos may be required), AmericanElectric may arrange to pick up and replace the item free of charge.
2. TIRES, TUBES & KICK STANDS: The warranty does not apply to these items unless they are damaged as a result of shipping.
3. DURING YOUR WARRANTY PERIOD: AmericanElectric will replace any defective part free of charge. Shipping fees may apply.
The above Warranty information is from AmericanElectric at the time of writing.
All warranties are with the bike company/manufacturer, in this case, with AmericanElectric, and not with Electric Bike Zone.
Please contact Electric Bike Zone to assist you with filing a Return. The manufacturer can be contacted directly for a Warranty Claim. Please register your electric bike with the manufacturer upon receipt of your e-bike.